Re: Ocean debugger

I assume you don't ask about the original OCEAN debugger but the
integrated work found in a gnucobol feature branch.

If this assumption is correct: There is currently no work on this but I
was told people use it as it is.

The only thing that is expected to be released soon is the GnuCOBOL
3.0-rc1, with support of REPORT WRITER module, bugfixes to GnuCOBOL 2.2
and new/improved support for many extensions found in other COBOL dialects.
I won't go into the details as there will be an announcement on this
list when the rc-1 is out.

... but the debugger branch has nobody that works on it (others do work
on debugging features but there's nothing published yet).

The debugger branch may be obsolete if/when other options come available.

Note: there is still the "original" version that provided the idea for
OCEAN:

TP-COBOL-DEBUGGER
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tp-cobol-debugg/

While I did not tested it since months you may want to check its status.

The most current release (with claimed support for GnuCOBOL 2.x):
2.23 from 12-08-2017

Simon

> Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 21:29:28 +0200
>
> Hello,
>
> is there any news about Ocean debugger expected to be released this spring?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marcello

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]