Re: Odd warning message / Problem in Programmer's Guide

Hi Leslie,

you have the following order in your CONFIGURATION SECTION

	Source-Computer.
	Object-Computer.
	Repository.
	Special-names.

as far as I know *only* GnuCOBOL will compile this, the others only do
so if the order is correct:

	Source-Computer.
	Object-Computer.
	Special-names.
	Repository.

This is the reason for the warning.

And yes: the Programmer's Guide is wrong in this place.

Am 08.09.2017 um 17:25 schrieb Leslie Turriff:
> 	Last night I installed V2.2 and started tinkering with it. I'm getting this
> warning message, which seems strange to me, as my code matches the layout in
> the User's Guide and in the Quick Reference.
>
> 	warning: incorrect order of CONFIGURATION SECTION paragraphs used
>
> It appears after the Input-Output Section statement.  Here is the beginning of
> my source code file:
>
>        >>source format is free
>   Identification Division.
>
>     Program-ID. cute.
>
>   Environment Division.
>
>    Configuration Section.
>
>     Source-Computer.
>
>       OpenSuSE-Leap-42-3 with Debugging Mode.
>
>     Object-Computer.
>
>       Intel-X86-64 character classification is System-Default.
>
>     Repository.
>
>       Function all Intrinsic.
>
>     Special-names.
>
>       Console                                   is CRT.
>       CRT status                                is cob_CRT_status_info.
>       Cursor                                    is cob_CRT_cursor_position.
>
>    Input-output Section.
>
>     File-control.
> 	:
>
> The section and paragraph names seem to be in the correct order.  What might
> be causing this?
>
> Leslie

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]