Re: [Cobolforgcc-users] Good COBOL Text

I have COBOL For Dummies as an introduction but I see it didn't get very
good reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/COBOL-Dummies-Arthur-Griffith/dp/0764502980/ref=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1196322420&sr=8-4

You can also download IBM's manuals here.
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/cobol/zos/library/

Fujitsu  COBOL manuals here
http://www.adtools.com/download/index.htm

The 2002 standard is available here (draft close to final version)
http://www.ncits.org/tc_home/j4htm/cd18all.pdf

or you can buy a copy (expensive) - I have a copy of the ANSI 85 cobol
standard.

More links here
http://www.theamericanprogrammer.com/programming/manuals.cobol.shtml

and on google.

The newsgroup comp.lang.cobol is pretty supportive too.
http://www.theamericanprogrammer.com/programming/manuals.cobol.shtml
Available via http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.cobol/topics

Regards,
Tim Josling