Pagure.io as legacy codebases/distribution files/documentation hosting (Was: Moving cluster project)

[I've realized I should give a heads up to linux-cluster as well,
beside cluster-devel and developers-at-clusterlabs lists, especially
since I am reusing it's name for a projects group/namespace
in pagure.io]

On 28/02/17 03:18 +0100, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> On 17/01/17 22:27 +0100, Jan Pokorný wrote:
>>>
>>> Good plan.

>>> Could you give the gfs2-utils-maint group push access to the cluster project
>>> once it's been set up? (It is possible to add many groups to a project.) I
>>> think that would be the most logical way to do it.
>>
>> Sure and thanks for a cumulative access assignment tip.
>>
>> I'll proceed on Friday or early next week, then.
>
> Well, scheduler of mine didn't get to it until now, so sorry
> to anyone starting to worry.
>
> So what's been done:
>
> - git repo moved over to https://pagure.io/linux-cluster/cluster
>   + granted commit rights for gfs2-utils-maint group
>     (and will add some more folks to linux-cluster group,
>     feel free to bug me off-list about that)
>   + mass-committed an explanation change to every branch at
>     the discontinued fedorahosted.org (fh.o) provider I could,
>     as some are already frozen
>     (https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/cluster.git/)
>   . I've decided to use a namespace (because there are possibly
>     more projects to be migrated under that label),

Actually, there are quite a few legacy project copied over, some
merely for plain archival bits-preserving:
https://pagure.io/group/linux-cluster
[did I miss anything?  AFAIK, gfs-utils and dlm components migrated
on their own, and corosync is on GitHub for years]

Actually also some components otherwise found under ClusterLabs label
(note that *-agents are common to both worlds) are affected, and for
that I created a separate ClusterLabs group on pagure.io:
https://pagure.io/group/ClusterLabs

The respective projects there are just envelopes that I used for
uploading distribution files and/or documentation that were so
far served by fedorahosted.org [*], not used for active code
hosting (at this time, anyway).

[*] locations like:
    https://fedorahosted.org/releases/q/u/quarterback/
    https://fedorahosted.org/releases/f/e/fence-agents/

>     and have stuck with linux-cluster referring to the mailing list
>     of the same name that once actively served to discuss the
>     cluster stack in question (and is quite abandoned nowadays)

[i.e. this very list that I somehow originally ignored, sigh]

> - quickly added backup location links at
>   https://fedorahosted.org/cluster/ and
>   https://fedorahosted.org/cluster/wiki/FenceAgentAPI,

I've converted the latter to Markdown and exposed at
https://docs.pagure.org/ClusterLabs.fence-agents/FenceAgentAPI.md
The maintenance or just source access should be as simple as
cloning from ssh://git@xxxxxxxxx/docs/ClusterLabs/fence-agents.git
or https://pagure.io/docs/ClusterLabs/fence-agents.git, respectively.

>   i.e., the pages that seem most important to me, to allow for
>   smooth "forward compatibility"; the links currently refer to vain
>   stubs at ClusterLabs wiki, but that can be solved later on -- I am
>   still unsure if trac wikis at fh.o will be served in the next
>   phase or shut down right away and apparently this measure will
>   help only in the former case
>
> What to do:
> - move releases over to pagure.io as well:
>   https://fedorahosted.org/releases/c/l/cluster/

Done for cluster:
http://releases.pagure.org/linux-cluster/cluster/

Tarballs for split components from here will eventually be uploaded
to respective release directories for the particular projects, e.g.,
http://releases.pagure.org/ClusterLabs/fence-agents/, it's a WIP.

> - possibly migrate some original wiki content to proper
>   "doc pages" exposed directly through pagure.io

So far I am just collecting the cluster wiki texts for possible
later ressurecting.

--
Jan (Poki)