Re: [ha-wg-technical] [Cluster-devel] [Linux-HA] [ha-wg] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015

On 25/11/14 04:31 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
Yeah, but you're already bringing him for your personal conference.
That's a bit different. ;-)

OK, let's switch tracks a bit. What *topics* do we actually have? Can we
fill two days? Where would we want to collect them?

Personally I'm interested in talking about scaling - with pacemaker-remoted and/or a new messaging/membership layer.

Other design-y topics:
- SBD
- degraded mode
- improved notifications

This my be something my company can bring to the table. We just hired a dev whose principle goal is to develop and alert system for HA. We're modelling it heavily on the fence/resource agent model with a "scan core" and "scan agents". It's sort of like existing tools, but designed specifically for HA clusters and heavily focused on not interfering with the host more than at all necessary. By Feb., it should be mostly done.

We're doing this for our own needs, but it might be a framework worth talking about, if nothing else to see if others consider it a fit. Of course, it will be entirely open source. *If* there is interest, I could put together a(n informal) talk on it with a demo.

- containerisation of services (cgroups, docker, virt)
- resource-agents (upstream releases, handling of pull requests, testing)

User-facing topics could include recent features (ie. pacemaker-remoted, crm_resource --restart) and common deployment scenarios (eg. NFS) that people get wrong.

--
Digimer
What if the cure for cancer is trapped in the mind of a person without access to education?