Re: [Cluster-devel] [Linux-HA] [ha-wg] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015

> On 25 Nov 2014, at 8:54 pm, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 2014-11-24T16:16:05, "Fabio M. Di Nitto" <fdinitto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> Yeah, well, devconf.cz is not such an interesting event for those who do
>>> not wear the fedora ;-)
>> That would be the perfect opportunity for you to convert users to Suse ;)

>>> That is, in my experience, the absolute worst. It creates second class
>>> participants and is a PITA for everyone.
>> I agree, it is still a way for people to join in tho.
>
> I personally disagree. In my experience, one either does a face-to-face
> meeting, or a virtual one that puts everyone on the same footing.
> Mixing both works really badly unless the team already knows each
> other.
>
>>> I know that an in-person meeting is useful, but we have a large team in
>>> Beijing, the US, Tasmania (OK, one crazy guy), various countries in
>>> Europe etc.
>> Yes same here. No difference.. we have one crazy guy in Australia..
>
> Yeah, but you're already bringing him for your personal conference.
> That's a bit different. ;-)
>
> OK, let's switch tracks a bit. What *topics* do we actually have? Can we
> fill two days? Where would we want to collect them?

Personally I'm interested in talking about scaling - with pacemaker-remoted and/or a new messaging/membership layer.

Other design-y topics:
- SBD
- degraded mode
- improved notifications
- containerisation of services (cgroups, docker, virt)
- resource-agents (upstream releases, handling of pull requests, testing)

User-facing topics could include recent features (ie. pacemaker-remoted, crm_resource --restart) and common deployment scenarios (eg. NFS) that people get wrong.