Normal startup vs startup due to failover on cluster node - can they be distinguished?

Hi experts,

I am using Red Hat Cluster available on RHEL 5.5. And it doesn't have any inbuilt mechanism to generate SNMP traps in failures of resources or failover of services from one node to another.

I have a script agent, which starts, stops and checks status of my application. Is it possible that in a script resource - to distinguish between normal startup of service / resource vs startup of service/resource in response to failover / failure handling? Doing so would help me write code to generate alarms if startup of service / resource (in my case a process) is due to failover (not normal startup).

Further is it possible to get information such as cause of failure(leading to failover), and previous cluster node on which service / resource was running(prior to failover)?

This would help to provide as much information as possible in traps

Thanks,
Parvez