Re: CMAN nodes in different LANs

I cannot use Virtual IP addresses since my 2 networks are in different geographical locations and therefore the IP cannot be relocated. Is it possible to build this cluster without virtual IP addresses?

Thanks,
Terance.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Binan AL Halabi <binanalhalabi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
You can build a cluster with nodes on different LANs but your resource manager must support Virtual IP addresses.
As i see in your link this is supported in the resource manager.

// Binan

Från: Terance Dias <terance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Till: linux clustering <linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx>
Skickat: torsdag, 18 oktober 2012 8:44
Ämne: Re: CMAN nodes in different LANs

Sorry I did not give much context of what I'm trying to do.

I'm trying to set up a cluster of nodes running apache qpid as mentioned in the documentation here
The documentation says that cluster mechanism uses cman and rgmanager but does not directly depend on openais or corosync and does not use multicasting. It also says "Replication to a disaster recovery site can be handled as simply another node in the cluster, it does not require a separate replication mechanism" . I think by "disaster recovery site" it means a different network. I'm very new to clustering so I just wanted to know if it is possible to use cman and rgmanager with cluster nodes in different networks.

Thanks,
Terance.