Re: Specifiying interface for cluster traffic

Quoting Digimer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

On 08/13/2011 02:53 PM, klusterfsck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I saw an example config for this but seem to have misplaced the link.
Anyone help me on this?  I need to have the cluster traffic over the
hardwired link so that it doesn't go through the switch.

Thank You
Ken

That depends largely on what kind of cluster you're talking about.

--

It is a two machine cluster running drbd on a dedicated link. We had a UPS fail during a power bump and the and the two machines decided they were no longer joined. I saw a configuration for routing cluster communications over a dedicated link. I want to do this with the drbd link since the write capacity of the drbd sync is less than the link bundle. Basically take the switch out of the communications loop except for the outside traffic.

Thanks.
Ken