Re: fence_apc and Apc AP-8941

Hi,

On 04/06/2011 05:06 PM, Nicolas Ross wrote:
If response is too fast then problem is in connecting information/process. If it took long enough (timeout problem) then it can be problem with change in command prompt. If it is possible please send me what it is displayed when you are trying to do it manually.

Response is indeed very fast when trying with the agent. With tcpdump on the node I try with the agent, I see ssh packets go to and from the apc switch.

When ssh-iing to the apc switch, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds before I get the password prompt, and then I see :
------------------------------
user@xxxxxxx's password:

American Power Conversion Network Management Card AOS v5.1.2
(c) Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved  RPDU 2g v5.1.0
Name      : Unknown                                   Date : 04/06/2011
Contact   : Unknown                                   Time : 10:52:44
Location : Unknown User : Device Manager Up Time : 0 Days 1 Hour 52 Minutes Stat : P+ N4+ N6+ A+

Type ? for command listing
Use tcpip command for IP address(-i), subnet(-s), and gateway(-g)

apc>qConnection to 1.1.1.1 closed.
------------------------------

I think I have found the problem... Looking at fence_apc, I see :

options["ssh_options"] = "-1 -c blowfish"

Now, if I add this to my ssh command like so :

ssh -1 -c blowfish user@xxxxxxx

I get :

Protocol major versions differ: 1 vs. 2

So they drop support for ssh v1. Unfortunately old versions were not usable with v2. I can make ssh_options tunable and not only pre-set.

So, there is no ssh version 1 on this version of the apc switrch. I commented out that line in /usr/sbin/fence_apc, and now the fence agent is able to establish the connection, but it cannot go any further.

Add "cmd_prompt" into device_opt in fence_apc. Then you will have possibility to set --command-prompt to "apc>".

Both fixes will be simple, feel free to create bugzilla entry for them.

m,