To SELinux or not to SELinux ?

Over the CentOS-users list there is a long on-going thread about SELinux.
Since it's introduction a while back, I alwasy disabled selinux because of
the added complexity and never took the time to learn it.

For our soon to be production cluster of 8 nodes, I will be attempting to at
least set selinux at permissive to see how it works and learn it. Our
services are mostly of 3 type. Database server, apache server, our own
compile, and used in a non-standard locations and java servers, using the
default java, application and data directory on the gfs shared storage.

So, for a cluster, using fencing, gfs, and all the needed tools to run a
cluster, is there any reason not to use selinux ? I am looking to see if
cluster operator use or do not use selinux...

Thanks,
Nicolas