Re: heartbeat

Fagnon Raymond schrieb:
Here are the packages that are installed that I can find. I inherited this system so I am not sure if everything is installed. rgmanager-2.0.46-1.el5
cman-2.0.98-1.el5_3.7
Cluster_Administration-en-US-5.2-1
modcluster-0.12.1-2.el5
system-config-cluster-1.0.55-1.0

This cluster I believe was designed to be a failover. Here is what clustat tells me
[root@a0040slinuxgfs1 ~]# clustat
Cluster Status for LinuxCluster @ Fri Jan 29 12:12:02 2010
Member Status: Quorate

 Member Name                                                     ID   Status
 ------ ----                                                     ---- ------
 a0040slinuxgfs1                                                     1 Online, Local, rgmanager
 a0040slinuxgfs2                                                     2 Online, rgmanager

 Service Name                                             Owner (Last)                                             State
 service:Virtual Server                                   a0040slinuxgfs1                                          started

This is a gig network so bandwidth should not be an issue I believe. Please inform me on the heartbeat since I very new at this.

Raymond,

this is a redhat cluster suite cluster. Cluster communication ("heartbeat" and much more) is done by cman.

You might want to have a look at the docs at http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/.

Dirk