Re: validity error

On 11/12/09 09:48, Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:12:33 +0000, Christine Caulfield wrote
On 10/12/09 15:27, Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
Hello,
   after upgrading to 3.0.6 i get:

Starting cman... Relax-NG validity error : Extra element cman in interleave

but cluster.conf should be correct and was working so far without problems.
The coresponding section in<cluster>   is:

<cman expected_votes="7">
     <multicast addr="239.192.11.81" keyfile="/etc/cluster/cman_authkey"/>
</cman>

how should i change it to pass the validity check?

Remove the keyfile="" attribute. cman ignores it anyway :-)

I am sure it was working with RHCM v2, so it seems i will need to rewrite the
config for V3, as i get another error now about specifying multicast interface
for clusternode and there will be others for sure

Yes, it would work fine under v2. In fact it's working now - you're just getting a warning message (I hope!). We have added a lot more checks to the configuration to try and help invalid configurations from being run and causing trouble.

If you need to specify an encrpytion key it should go into the<totem>
part of cluster.conf.

looking at cluster.rng keyfile is valid for the cman block. May i just move it
there or i should create<totem>

I would just remove it. It's not doing anything, so if you move it to <totem> you will change the encryption key used by the cluster and have to reboot all your nodes to get them communicating again.

Chrissie