Re: MySQL with datadir on GFS volume

Marko Jung wrote:
Gordan Bobic wrote:
2) You may have bumped into a GFS2 bug. What distro/cluster version are you
running? GFS2 was "preview only" until very recently, and the pace of
development and fixes in it are still a tad too high for a production
system for my liking. Is there any particular reason why you can't use
GFS1?
It is CentOS 5.3 final without any fancy external updates or similar stuff. We chose GFS2 because it is the default with RHEL 5.3.

I thought I should be more verbose on what I am trying to achieve MySQL associated to a floating IP running on cluster as failover. Storage and configuration should reside on a huge GFSv2 Filesystem.

Gordan, thank you very much for your support, but the problem was quite easy, the mysqld_safe script overrides the external_locking configuration directive.

Marko