Re: MySQL with datadir on GFS volume

Gordan Bobic wrote:
has someone set-up an MySQL server (failover, 1 active node) using
GFSv2as filesystem for the datadir? I would be interested in the required
changes to the configuration and startup scripts to get this running.

If you are only using it in fail-over mode (i.e. you define a mysqld
script resource tied to a fail-over IP in cluster.conf), and you will never
start it up simultaneously on more than one machine, then it should just work
out of the box.

Unfortunately not, it complains not to be able to open and lock the privilege tables:
"[ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'host'is
read only" despite permissions and paths are right. Am I missing something
>> regarding locking on GFSv2?

The two things that spring to mind are:
1) SELinux - try disabling it.

It is turned off. Running RHEL cluster suite with SELinux on is quite tough.

2) You may have bumped into a GFS2 bug. What distro/cluster version are you
running? GFS2 was "preview only" until very recently, and the pace of
development and fixes in it are still a tad too high for a production
system for my liking. Is there any particular reason why you can't use
GFS1?

It is CentOS 5.3 final without any fancy external updates or similar stuff. We chose GFS2 because it is the default with RHEL 5.3.

Thanks again!
Marko