Re: all nodes halt when one lose connection

On May 21, 2009, at 6:44 AM, ESGLinux wrote:

Hello,

I continue with my 2 node cluster and with strange behaviours (or not....).

I´ll explain the actual situation.

I have a cluster with 2 nodes. I Use IPMI as fencing device and all works fine.

I have two separate networks for the services and for the cluster management. (as I was instructed in this list, thanks for the advice ;-) )

I use a iscsi volumen mounted on the two nodes and with GFS on it.

The problem I have now is that when one of the nodes lose the connection to the service network (I disconnect the cable from the interface) I expect the second node fence this node and take the control of the services. But what I have is that the 2 nodes halt, (no reboot, halt), is this normal?

one detail, the access to the GFS volumen is through this service network. When I pull the cable I lose the connection to it. Can be this the problem?

What do your logs say? Was fencing ever attempted? completed? Are you pulling the connection that allows for IPMI communication?

 brassow