Re: heartbeat over 2 NICs - Hi Christine

sunhux G wrote:
Hi Christine,
I could have searched Redhat knowledgebase but thought would
be easier if I clarify here.   We plan to cluster two RHES, server A
& server B (on Ver 5.1AP)
a)besides the regular network port for the usual network traffic,
   we only need one additional network port per server to set up
   the clustering, is this right?

That is highly recommended, yes. You can run with just the one interface (or two bonded) but we always recommend that the cluster traffic is isolated from a main serving network

b)what if we want to use 2 network ports, then we have to bond
   the two network ports on server A & the two network ports on
   server B - is this right?

That right, yes.

c)anything we need to do on the Cisco switch's ports end? We
   are using Cisco 6513

Almost certainly :)

I'm no expert on cisco switches but there is some information about running openais over them here:

http://openais.org/doku.php?id=faq:cisco_switches

--

Chrissie