Re: Question abou gfs1 and from which cvs branch

Brian Kroth wrote:
Not sure if this is the "right" answer, but I was also running into this
problem on a Gentoo setup.  The 2.01.00 package has a gfs-kernel module
that (with some simple tweaks to the kernel - see usage.txt) will compile
against 2.6.23 and seems to run well.  This is my first gfs attempt so I
don't know how upgrading the tools will go for you.  I also read about
(and experienced) problems with gfs2, so I'd also stick with gfs1 for the
time being, but at least this way your upgrade path is prepared.

Brian

Brian,

 Thanks for answer.  Which version of gfs1 is included in this package?

Bas van der Vlies <basv@xxxxxxx>:
Hello,

 We are still using gfs1 version 1.0.3 with a 2.6.17 kernel on Debian. I
noticed that there is only one newer version 1.0.4, but that is not working
for us, reported the problem to the list.

Now i read on the Cluster Project Page to use cvs:
 * CVS STABLE branch (compiles against recent kernel.org kernel):
cvs -d :pserver:cvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs/cluster checkout -r STABLE
cluster

I noticed that there are not many update for STABLE since version 1.0.4 +
which branch must i use to compile againt the latest vanilla kernel
(2.6.23)?

I still see a lot of messages with do not use gfs2 in a production
environment. That is why we still are using gfs1.

Regards

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv@xxxxxxx      *

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv@xxxxxxx      *