Re: Graceful Degradation

Roger Peña wrote:

I thinks this is question #1 in the FAQs and in
this
list :-)

the short anwser and the first place to look at
is:
1- fencing not configured or configured as
manual
2- fencing problems, the devices not working as
they
should
The problem is that I don't have any devices I
could
do fencing with. Is
you do not have:
1- shared storage? usually, the "server" of the
shared
storage have a way to cut the storage to a client,
so
this can serve as a fencing device
2- what kind of server do you have? HP servers has
iLo, SUN and Dell servers have something similar.
so
those interfaces can act as fencing devices
I have Dell servers, but nothing that can be used to
monitor them.
So, those servers do not have support for DRAC or IPMI
? that is sad
if they do, well, I guess you can reboot them remotely

They do have DRAC support, but I don't see how that can be used for monitoring/fencing. Am I missing something?

Gordan