From: linux-cluster-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto: linux-cluster-bounces@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Claudio Tassini
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 11:03 AM
To: linux clustering
Subject: Remove journal from GFS

Hi all,

i have a cluster in which two nodes share a GFS filesystem . I created the filesystem with 3 journals - just to be sure - , and now I need to add TWO cluster nodes and make the GFS fs visible to all the 4 nodes. When I try to add a journal to the fs (to have 4 of them), I got this:

gfs_jadd  -j 1 -T -v /gfsfilesystem

Requested size (65536 blocks) greater than available space (2 blocks)

So i read that it's normal, but I really need to add a journal to this fs. I was thinking about deleting one the current journals (I have 3 and I'm using 2), and then create two "half-sized" new journals, to reach the number of 4.

There is some other way I can achieve my goal? I don't think I can shrink GFS, and I simply can't backup all data, create a new FS and then restore (it's a 1 TB fs with production maildirs inside - you know... a VERY lot of small, really small files, it would mean a 2-days downtime).

Any help would be really appreciated.

--
Claudio Tassini

Claudio Tassini