Re: Clusterng with GFS

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 09:29 -0400, Daniel Fernanduz wrote:
Hello

I am trying to implement a failover cluster with shared storage concept
(Postgresql Database 7.4).
RHEL AS 4.0 + RHCS + GFS

I am having two gfs volumes which gets mounted by cluster when any of
the nodes in
cluster takes control. The volumes are getting mounted by the cluster
whenever a node takes
control, but not getting unmounted when the node leaves the cluster.
Especially when primary
node takes control, the volumes mounted on the secondary node (Node
which gives control to the
primary node) is not getting unmounted. Anybody plz help me to solve
this issue. Thanks for the help in advance

The default filesystem failover script special cases gfs filesystem types.  It knows that gfs is a cluster filesystem and you don't need to mount/umount it in a failover environment.  Typically failover environments that utilize gfs are doing it to improve failover times by not having to mount/umount the filesystem.  That is one of the benefits of having a cluster filesystem.  If you want to just do failover the (old)slow way, then either use ext3 or modify the failover script.

Kevin