Re: Clusterng with GFS

You should not be unmounting the GFS anywhere.  GFS should be mounted everywhere.  With proper fencing (which is a MUST, no avoiding it) GFS can recover from losing a node with no downtime.  Then you just need to have the appropriate daemons and cleanup scripts running (usually from rgmanager).

If you want to failover a normal volume (another way to do this), just use XFS, reiserfs, or ext3.