Re: Recommended HP servers for cluster suite

Blades are a lot more expensive than comparable 1U/2U boxes. Great if you are running out of space. another good thing is, with proper SAN planning and boot-from san setup, you can do drop-in replacement when a blade fails.

we have good experience putting clustersuite on BL35p ( the half height blades ) , but GFS is another story. (Might have something to do with MSA1500 we have, Redhat and HP are blaming each other on that issue)

iLO is pretty nice, but I think VMware consoles are easier to use :) Now if i can just figure out how to make GFS work properly in ESX server ....

Tim.

Blades.
bl20p can be had very cheap nowadays, but should be enough for most tasks. Downside: only two internal disks, the rest is via SAN (or iSCSI).

I want to add a vote for the proliant bl* series. It uses iLO...not the older Riloe cards, which have been problematic now and then.

-J

--

Linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx

Linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx