Re: gfs performance

Jure Pečar wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:59:41 +0100
Jure Pečar <pegasus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here are the bonnie++ results: http://jure.pecar.org/gfs/

And then my ISP deceides to do some nightly maintenance ... oh well, it's
accessible again.

I'm not sure what kind of disk backend you have, but you are probably thrashing the heads on the disks, making the disks do a lot of seeks, burning your performance. I don't think this is a GFS performance issue really. You could try a memory backed disk with GFS on it, and see if the performance falls at all.

Eric