Re: GFS and CLVM-snapshot

David Teigland wrote:
If the NetApp has block-level snapshots, that would be an excellent
solution (better than any kind of host-based snapshots).

From what I've heard, apparently NetApp has LUN-level snapshots. That sounds promising!

[root@va03 ~]# gfs_tool freeze /gfs
gfs_tool: unknown mountpoint /gfs

[root@va03 ~]# gfs_tool list
3501862912 gnbd0 foo:a.0

[root@va03 ~]# gfs_tool freeze 3501862912
[root@va03 ~]# gfs_tool unfreeze 3501862912

I see how it is. It worked stably!

By the way, sometimes I get warnings from gfs_fsck for snapshot-LV,
even though I froze GFS before doing lvcreate -s.
For example, the followings are.  Is this usual thing?

  # gfs_fsck -y /dev/vg0/lv0ss0
  Initializing fsck
  Starting pass1
  Pass1 complete
  Starting pass1b
  Pass1b complete
  Starting pass1c
  Pass1c complete
  Starting pass2
  Pass2 complete
  Starting pass3
  Pass3 complete
  Starting pass4
  Found unlinked inode at 1929233
	  Adjusting freemeta block count (59 -> 60).
	  Adjusting used dinode block count (10 -> 9).
  l+f directory at 29
  Added inode #1929233 to l+f dir
  Found unlinked inode at 1800635
  Added inode #1800635 to l+f dir
  Link count inconsistent for inode 25 - 5 6
  Link count updated for inode 25
  Pass4 complete
  Starting pass5
  ondisk and fsck bitmaps differ at block 29
  Succeeded.
  used inode count inconsistent: is 9 should be 10
  free meta count inconsistent: is 60 should be 59
  Pass5 complete
  #

The cluster components are changing radically in CVS head and don't all
work together yet.  So, you need to checkout code from the RHEL4 or FC4
cvs branches.

I see, I will try with FC4-test3 from now. Thanks!

-- Kenji

--

Linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx