[Linux-cluster] GFS / share storgage

Hello,

We are currently looking for a shared storage solution and have been meeting with IBM about a SAN. All though a SAN is nice I want to be able to offer a cheaper solution.

I was looking at Apple's new Xserver RAID using ATA drives and I was also reading up on GFS. I understand that neither may offer the speed / performance of a SAN.

But does any body have any specs on GFS through put ?? or any ATA type share storage device ?

Thanks.

-- Michael Gale Lan Administrator Utilitran Corp.

The best part is when the people who know the least are the ones ranting and raving.