Re: [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] Reducing zombie memcgs

On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 06:45:13PM +1000, Alistair Popple wrote:

> However review comments suggested it needed to be added as part of
> memcg. As soon as we do that we have to address how we deal with shared
> memory. If we stick with the original RLIMIT proposal this discussion
> goes away, but based on feedback I think I need to at least investigate
> integrating it into memcg to get anything merged.

Personally I don't see how we can effectively solve the per-page
problem without also tracking all the owning memcgs for every
page. This means giving each struct page an array of memcgs

I suspect this will be too expensive to be realistically
implementable.

If it is done then we may not even need a pin controller on its own as
the main memcg should capture most of it. (althought it doesn't
distinguish between movable/swappable and non-swappable memory)

But this is all being done for the libvirt people, so it would be good
to involve them

Jason

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]