Re: Question about BPF_MAP_TYPE_CGROUP_STORAGE

Hi Roman,

I am thinking of using the cgroup local storage as a way to implement
per cgroup configurations that other kernel subsystem (gpu driver, for
example) can have access to.  Is that ok or is that crazy?

Regards,
Kenny

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 12:26 PM Roman Gushchin <guro@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 12:17:55PM -0400, Kenny Ho wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > From the documentation, eBPF maps allow sharing of data between eBPF
> > kernel programs, kernel and user space applications.  Does that
> > applies to BPF_MAP_TYPE_CGROUP_STORAGE?  If so, what is the correct
> > way to access the cgroup storage from the linux kernel? I have been
> > reading the __cgroup_bpf_attach function and how the storage are
> > allocated and linked but I am not sure if I am on the right path.
>
> Hello, Kenny!
>
> Can you, please, elaborate a bit more on the problem, you're trying to solve?
> What's the goal of accessing the cgroup storage from the kernel?
>
> Certainly you can get a pointer to an attached buffer if you have
> a cgroup pointer. But what's next?
>
> Thanks!

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]