Re: Possible regression with cgroups in 3.11

> No swap means that no charges are done by a group non-member. So the
> race Johannes was describing shouldn't be the problem in your case.
>
> Out of curiosity, do you set any limit for kmem?

I did a quick search through the code, but I see nothing related to
kernel memory:
https://github.com/SchedMD/slurm/blob/master/src/plugins/task/cgroup/task_cgroup_memory.c

>> memory.use_hierarchy support is enabled and memory is limited from the
>> job directory. I have mounted the cgroup to /var/slurm/cgroup/memory
>> in addition to the normal directory at /sys/fs/cgroup/memory.
>
> How exactly have you mounted it there?

Slurm has an automount option, which takes care of this. I don't
actually know, why I made this kind of setup. So I will probably
revert back to /sys/fs/cgroup tomorrow.

> Btw. how reproducible is this? Do you think you could try to bisect
> it down? Reducing bisection to mm/ and kernel/ diretories should be
> sufficient I guess.

The bug is quite reproducible here .. within a few minutes at most.
Since we have diskless clients with nfsroot and aufs, bisectioning
proved to be a bit difficult (means the kernel compiled and booted but
aufs failed on /etc). But then I have tried bisectioning the whole
kernel sources. Tomorrow, I will first try to test without
CONFIG_MEMCG_SWAP_ENABLED and CONFIG_MEMCG_KMEM, and then give
bisectioning only the two directories another try. Btw. I never saw
this bug before 3.11, but it may well be, that because of some trivial
code change, it became much more likely to trigger.