Re: [RGW][CEPHADM] Multisite configuration and Ingress

Hi Gilles,

On Wed, Sep 11, 2024 at 10:33 PM Gilles Mocellin <
gilles.mocellin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, I've read some stories about that in this mailing list, but, my
> question
> was not clear enough, I want to know what's possible to do with cephadm :
> - Is it possible to create several Ingress with cephadm ? (I can't reach
> my
> test env to test until tomorrow !)

Yes, it is possible, each ingress service will manage a different set
VIPs/Subnets, if by any chance they are on the same subnet, you need to set
different first_virtual_router_id

> - If we do, how can we configure differently thoses groups of RGWs daemons
> ?
> (related to my previous question on ceph config / ceph.conf)

You can define different groups of RGWs in Cephadm. Each RGW group would be
assigned to a specific Ingress service, one for public client requests and
the other for RGW multisite replication. Then, on the public RGW group, you
would set  rgw_run_sync_thread false.

Regards.