Re: Snaptrim issue after nautilus to octopus upgrade

Hi Özkan,

to my understanding, the upmap balancer should not affect this problem, but since I'm currently also living on Octopus with three clusters, it would of course be nice if someone with a better understanding of the bug confirms ;-).

You can usually jump either one or two major releases in one go (the upgrade instructions provide more details). Personally, I have always gone in steps of a single release, since in most cases, also OS changes were needed.

FWIW, we are running three Octopus clusters with RockyLinux 8 (one cluster as "Backup system" with focus on RGW and mirrored RBD volumes, one with RBD as virtualization backend, and one huge cluster with CephFS of which we also cannot take backups).
Since our RGW workload is quite simple (Backups via Restic, Duplicati and similar), I can not contribute much experience about "stability across upgrades" (worked fine for us across several releases, going from CentOS 7 with Minic in the past to RockyLinux 8 with Octopus for now), but maybe someone else on this list will chime in.

Cheers,
	Oliver