Re: Do you need to use a dedicated server for the MON service?

We often co-locate MONs, MGRs and OSDs (using LXD containers) but you need to make sure you're meeting resource requirements for all. See https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/start/hardware-recommendations/ for some guidelines. This is obviously important for disk space, but also for RAM. Important because while memory consumption of those services might be deceptively low while the cluster is healthy, the memory usage during recovery and rebalancing could be much higher, so be sure to give it some room. Also, especially NVMe OSDs benefit from additional RAM in terms of performance