Ceph XFS deadlock with Rook

Hi

I'm reaching out to check on the status of the XFS deadlock issue with RBD
in hyperconverged environments, as detailed in Ceph tracker issue #43910 (
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/43910?tab=history). It looks like there
hasn’t been much activity on this for a while, and I'm wondering if there
have been any updates or if it’s just been lost in the issue volume.

The issue is a deadlock when using XFS, leading Rook to recommend using
EXT4 instead.
However, kernel 5.6 introduced PR_SET_IO_FLUSHER, which should allow Ceph
to handle this scenario better. Versions lacking PR_SET_IO_FLUSHER are
either already EOL or soon will be, with the exception of kernel 5.4.

While EXT4 works according to the Ceph documentation, the limitations with
XATTR on EXT4 are still a concern.
It’s a bit unfortunate that Rook has to move away from XFS where Ceph
recommends it.
The issue on the Rook side :
https://github.com/rook/rook/issues/3132#issuecomment-580508760

Could anyone provide an update on this Ceph issue or suggest how we might
push it forward?
Any insights would be really appreciated, as this impacts the broader use
of XFS in hyperconverged Ceph setups deployed with Rook.

Thanks in advance for your help.