Re: Converting/Migrating EC pool to a replicated pool

Hi,
I know a third option that is create a secondary zone mapping to replicated pool. The data will be replicated from primary zone, after that, switch the master zone and the migration will be done. Zero downtime

This is possible in theory, but I can not make it work when trying to setup 2 zones in the same cluster. They did not sync the data, only metadata. If you want to test this, please let me know :)