Re: How to detect condition for offline compaction of RocksDB?

Hey Aleksandr,

> In the Pacific we have RocksDB column families. It will be helpful in the case of many tombstones to do resharding of our old OSDs?
> Do you think It can help without rocksdb_cf_compact_on_deletion?
> Or, maybe It can help much more with rocksdb_cf_compact_on_deletion?

Ah, I'm glad you brought this up - there was a bug with the initial
rocksdb_cf_compact_on_deletion implementation where it wouldn't take
effect for the default column family; this has been corrected only
recently, and the bug is still present in Pacific. You'll need to
reshard in order for the setting to work.

Resharding can also help with reducing compaction load a bit, but I
don't think it'll help much with tombstones.

Josh