Re: CephFS snapshots and kernel cephfs continuous I/O

Hi,

First, i'd like to thank you for the quick reply.

> We have a protocol called "Quiesce" that can pause I/O for snapshot
> consistency [0]. If that is something that might help you, do check it out.
>
> [0] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/dev/mds_internals/quiesce/

This looks exactly like what i'd want. Apparently rbd has "rbd_default_snapshot_quiesce_mode" to control the behaviour for rbd snapshots. Is there no counterpart for MDS? It would be great to control this behaviour directly in the snapshotting mechanism rather than handling it externally as snap_schedule is a mgr module and it would require moving this outside.

--
Alex D.
RedXen System & Infrastructure Administration