Re: CephFS metadata pool size

I don't think scrubs can cause this. Do you have autoscaler enabled?

Zitat von Lars Köppel <lars.koeppel@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

thank you for your response.

I don't think this thread covers my problem, because the OSDs for the
metadata pool fill up at different rates. So I would think this is no
direct problem with the journal.
Because we had earlier problems with the journal I changed some
settings(see below). I already restarted all MDS multiple times but no
change here.

The health warnings regarding cache pressure resolve normally after a
short period of time, when the heavy load on the client ends. Sometimes it
stays a bit longer because an rsync is running and copying data on the
cluster(rsync is not good at releasing the caps).

Could it be a problem if scrubs run most of the time in the background? Can
this block any other tasks or generate new data itself?

Best regards,
Lars

global                      basic     mds_cache_memory_limit
    17179869184
global                      advanced  mds_max_caps_per_client
   16384
global                      advanced  mds_recall_global_max_decay_threshold
   262144
global                      advanced  mds_recall_max_decay_rate
   1.000000
global                      advanced  mds_recall_max_decay_threshold
    262144
mds                         advanced  mds_cache_trim_threshold
    131072
mds                         advanced  mds_heartbeat_grace
   120.000000
mds                         advanced  mds_heartbeat_reset_grace
   7400
mds                         advanced  mds_tick_interval
   3.000000

[image: ariadne.ai Logo] Lars Köppel
Developer
Email: lars.koeppel@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: +49 6221 5993580 <+4962215993580>
ariadne.ai (Germany) GmbH
Häusserstraße 3, 69115 Heidelberg
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 744040
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Fabian Svara