Re: cephfs-data-scan orphan objects while mds active?

Tnx Gregory,

Doesn't sound too safe then.

Only reason to discover these orphans via scanning would be to delete the
files again and I know all these files were at least one year old... so, I
wonder if I could somehow do something like:
1) do forward scrub with a custom tag
2) iterate over all the objects in the pool and delete all objects without
the tag and older than one year

Is there any tooling to do such an operation? Any risks or flawed logic
there?

...or any other ways to discover and get rid of these objects?

Cheers!
Olli Rajala - Lead TD
Anima Vitae Ltd.
www.anima.fi