cephfs-data-scan orphan objects while mds active?

Hi,

I suspect that I have some orphan objects on a data pool after quite
haphazardly evicting and removing a cache pool after deleting 17TB of files
from cephfs. I have forward scrubbed the mds and the filesystem is in clean
state.

This is a production system and I'm curious if it would be safe to
run cephfs-data-scan scan_extents and scan_inodes while the fs is online?
Does it help if I give a custom tag while forward scrubbing and then
use --filter-tag on the backward scans?

...or is there some other way to check and cleanup orphans?

tnx,