Re: Have a problem with haproxy/keepalived/ganesha/docker

Hm, no, I can't confirm it yet. I missed something in the config, the failover happens and a new nfs daemon is deployed on a different node. But I still see client interruptions so I'm gonna look into that first.

Zitat von Eugen Block <eblock@xxxxxx>:

Hi,

I believe I can confirm your suspicion, I have a test cluster on Reef 18.2.1 and deployed nfs without HAProxy but with keepalived [1]. Stopping the active NFS daemon doesn't trigger anything, the MGR notices that it's stopped at some point, but nothing else seems to happen. I didn't wait too long, but I suspect that it's not supposed to work like that. I'll check tracker for existing issues.

Thanks,
Eugen

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/reef/cephadm/services/nfs/#nfs-with-virtual-ip-but-no-haproxy

Zitat von Ruslan Nurabayev <Ruslan.Nurabayev@xxxxxxxx>:

Hello! I've installed my 5-node CEPH cluster next install NFS server by command: ceph nfs cluster create nfshacluster 5 --ingress --virtual_ip 192.168.171.48/26 --ingress-mode haproxy-protocol. I don't understand fully how this must be works but when i stop NFS daemon even on one of this nodes I've see that writing on NFS shares is disappear (testing via vdbench). As i understand it is wrong and IO from stopped daemon must switching to another NFS daemon without any impact on IO. Can someone help me with troubleshoot this issue? Or explain how done full-fledged Active-Active HA NFS Cluster for production use.

Thanks!

Руслан Нурабаев
Старший инженер
Сектор ИТ платформы