Re: Have a problem with haproxy/keepalived/ganesha/docker

Hi,

On 16.04.24 10:49, Eugen Block wrote:

I believe I can confirm your suspicion, I have a test cluster on Reef 18.2.1 and deployed nfs without HAProxy but with keepalived [1]. Stopping the active NFS daemon doesn't trigger anything, the MGR notices that it's stopped at some point, but nothing else seems to happen.

There is currently no failover for NFS.

The ingress service (haproxy + keepalived) that cephadm deploys for an NFS cluster does not have a health check configured. Haproxy does not notice if a backend NFS server dies. This does not matter as there is no failover and the NFS client cannot be "load balanced" to another backend NFS server.

There is no use to configure an ingress service currently without failover.

The NFS clients have to remount the NFS share in case of their current NFS server dies anyway.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Consulting GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 220009 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,