question about rbd_read_from_replica_policy

Hello,

I have a question about a setting for RBD.

How exactly does "rbd_read_from_replica_policy" with the value "localize" work?

According to the RBD documentation, read operations will be sent to the closest OSD as determined by the CRUSH map. How does the client know exactly which OSD I am closest to?

The client is not in the CRUSH map. I can't find much more information about it. How does this work?

Thanks

noah feldt

infrastrutur

_____

Inline image OWAPstImg850138

Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG

Königsberger Straße 4-6

32339 Espelkamp

Tel.: 05772 / 293-100

Fax: 05772 / 293-333

support@xxxxxxxxxxx

https://www.mittwald.de

Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer, Florian Jürgens

USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen

Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen

Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung im Rahmen unserer Geschäftstätigkeit
gemäß Art. 13-14 DSGVO sind unter
www.mittwald.de/ds abrufbar.