Quincy/Dashboard: Object Gateway not accessible after applying self-signed cert to rgw service

Hi,

I am running a Ceph cluster and configured RGW for S3, initially w/o SSL. The service works nicely and I updated the service usinfg SSL certs, signed by our own CA, just as I already did for the dashboard itself. However, as soon as I applied the new config, the dashboard wasn't able to access and display the service anymore, while the service itself still works, now using the supplied SSL certificate. The error supplied is:

Error 500
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

My guess is, that the dashboard for some reason doesn't like the certificate, the rgw service is providing, despite the fact, that itself is using it. Any hints on how to make dashboard display the Object Gatway again?