Re: Reef (18.2): Some PG not scrubbed/deep scrubbed for 1 month

On Fri, Mar 22, 2024 at 06:51:44PM +0100, Frédéric Nass wrote:

The OSD run bench and update osd_mclock_max_capacity_iops_{hdd,ssd} every time the OSD is started.
If you check the OSD log you'll see it does the bench.

Are you sure about the update on every start? Does the update happen only if the benchmark result is < 500 iops?

Looks like the OSD does not remove any set configuration when the benchmark result is > 500 iops. Otherwise, the extremely low value that Michel reported earlier (less than 1 iops) would have been updated over time.
I guess.

I'm not completely sure, it's a couple a month since I used mclock, have switch
back to wpq because of a nasty bug in mclock that can freeze cluster I/O.

It could be because I was testing osd_mclock_force_run_benchmark_on_init.
The OSD had DB on SSD and data on HDD, so the measured to about 1700 IOPS and
was ignored because of the 500 limit.
So only the SSD got the osd_mclock_max_capacity_iops_ssd set.

--
Kai Stian Olstad