Re: Unable to map RBDs after running pg-upmap-primary on the pool

On 07/03/2024 08:52, Torkil Svensgaard wrote:
Hi

I tried to do offline read optimization[1] this morning but I am now unable to map the RBDs in the pool.

I did this prior to running the pg-upmap-primary commands suggested by the optimizer, as suggested by the latest documentation[2]:

"
ceph osd set-require-min-compat-client reef
"

The command didn't complain and the documentation stated it should failed if any pre-reef clients were connected so I thought all was well and rad the pg_upmap_primary commands.

Can I simply remove the applied pg_upmap_primary settings somehow to my RBDs back while investigating?

Found the rm-pg-upmap-primary command. Removing all upmaps made it possible to map the RBD again.

Still not sure why this didn't work though.

"
[ceph: root@lazy /]# ceph osd dump|grep require_min_compat_client
require_min_compat_client reef
"

That's seems to have stuck but we most certainly have pacific clients so according to the documentation the "ceph osd set-require-min-compat-client reef" command should have failed.

Then there's this:

"
[ceph: root@lazy /]# ceph features
{
    "mon": [
        {
            "features": "0x3f01cfbffffdffff",
            "release": "luminous",
            "num": 5
        }
    ],
    "mds": [
        {
            "features": "0x3f01cfbffffdffff",
            "release": "luminous",
            "num": 3
        }
    ],
    "osd": [
        {
            "features": "0x3f01cfbffffdffff",
            "release": "luminous",
            "num": 452
        }
    ],
    "client": [
        {
            "features": "0x2f018fb87aa4aafe",
            "release": "luminous",
            "num": 13
        },
        {
            "features": "0x3f01cfb8ffecffff",
            "release": "luminous",
            "num": 19
        },
        {
            "features": "0x3f01cfb9fffdffff",
            "release": "luminous",
            "num": 17
        },
        {
            "features": "0x3f01cfbf7ffdffff",
            "release": "luminous",
            "num": 14
        },
        {
            "features": "0x3f01cfbffffdffff",
            "release": "luminous",
            "num": 17
        }
    ],
    "mgr": [
        {
            "features": "0x3f01cfbffffdffff",
            "release": "luminous",
            "num": 3
        }
    ]
}
"

This suggests that min compat client reef might be set but is not in effect?

And lastly it's one thing not being able to map pg-upmap-primary RBDs from a pre reef client but it didn't work with a reef client either.

Mvh.

Torkil

Mvh.

Torkil