Re: Some questions about cephadm

Cephadm does not have some variable that explicitly says it's an HCI
deployment. However, the HCI variable in ceph ansible I believe only
controlled the osd_memory_target attribute, which would automatically set
it to 20% or 70% respectively of the memory on the node  divided by the
number of OSDs on the node depending on whether it's HCI or not. Cephadm
doesn't have that exactly, but has a similar feature of osd memory
autotuning which has some docs here
https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/cephadm/services/osd/#automatically-tuning-osd-memory.
The warning indicates that it isn't ideal for HCI to use this, but I think
if you set the mgr/cephadm/autotune_memory_target_ratio to a value closer
to 0.2 rather than the default 0.7, it might end up working out close to
how ceph-ansible worked with the is_hci option set to true. Otherwise, you
can set the option yourself after doing a similar calculation to what
ceph-ansible did with something like `ceph config set osd/host:<hostname>
osd_memory_target <amount>` where that amount is the per OSD memory target
you want for OSDs on that host.

I don't think we have documentation of what version to use for the
monitoring stack daemons, but the assumption is the default version defined
in cephadm should be okay to use unless you have some specific use case
that requires a different one. There are docs on how to change it to use a
different image if you'd like to do so
https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/cephadm/services/monitoring/#using-custom-images

Can't speak much to the setup wizard in the dashboard and whether it's
possible to get it going again after closing out of it, or the telemetry
related dashboard issue.