Re: How to solve data fixity

Thank you for your response.

We have already done some Lua scripting in the past, and it wasn't entirely enjoyable :-), but we may have to do it again. Scrubbing is still enabled, and turning it off definitely won't be an option. However, due to the project requirements, it would be great if
Ceph could, on upload completion, initiate and compute hash (
md5, sha256) and store it to object's metadata, so that user later
could validate if the downloaded data are correct.

We can't use Etag for that as it is does not contain md5 in case of multipart upload.

Michal