Re: OSD read latency grows over time

Shiming in here, just so that it’s indexed in archives.

We’ve have a lot of issues with tombstones when running RGW usage logging and when we
trim those the Ceph OSD hosting that usage.X object will basically kill the OSD performance
due to the tombstones being so many, restarting the OSD solves it.

We are not yet on Quincy but when we are will look into optimizing rocksdb_cf_compact_on_deletion_trigger
so that we don’t have to locate the objects, trim, restart OSDs everytime we want to clean them.

Unfortunately the message on Ceph Slack is lost since it was a while back I wrote more details
on that investigation, but IIRC the issue is that the "radosgw-admin usage trim” does SingleDelete() in the RocksDB layer
when deleting objects that could be bulk deleted (RangeDelete?) due to them having the same prefix (name + date).

Best regards