RADOSGW Multi-Site Sync Metrics

Hi All,

I am in the process of implementing multi-site RGW instance and have successfully set up a POC and confirmed the functionality.

I am working on metrics and alerting for this service, and I am not seeing metrics available for the output shown by

radosgw-admin sync status --rgw-realm=<<realm-name>>

Sample output:

[@cepha-cn02 ~]# radosgw-admin sync status --rgw-realm=<<realm-name>>

          realm a207b396-8d1b-408b-851e-10ad545861b7 (realm-name)
      zonegroup 77e8924b-05e3-4d86-b887-aedd7fe5306c (zonegroup-name)
           zone a26c27b2-d6ac-4eab-a4ce-1036ce2d37dc (zone-name)
  metadata sync syncing
                full sync: 0/64 shards
                incremental sync: 64/64 shards
                metadata is caught up with master
      data sync source: 8c7d69db-85ae-45f4-b4ec-f712fad4af07 (zone-name)
                        syncing
                        full sync: 0/128 shards
                        incremental sync: 128/128 shards
                        data is caught up with source

I'd like to measure, track, and alert on shard status during sync operations.

Is there a way to expose these metrics? I'm struggling to find guidance or details.

Thanks in advance

Rhys

Rhys Powell (He/Him)
KORE<https://www.korewireless.com/> | Senior Systems Engineer