Re: Scrubbing?

Hello Sridhar,

Dne Čt, led 25, 2024 at 09:53:26 CET napsal(a) Sridhar Seshasayee:
> Hello Jan,
>
> Meaning of my previous post was, that CEPH cluster didn't fulfill
> my needs and, although I had set mClock profile to
> "high_client_ops" (because I have a plenty of time to rebalancing
> and scrubbing), my clients went to problems.
>
> As far as the question around mClock is concerned, there are further
> improvements in the works to handle QoS between client ops and
> background scrub ops. This should help address the issue you are
> currently facing. See PR: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/51171
> for more information.
> Also, it would be helpful to know the Ceph version you are currently using.

thanks for your reply.

I've just in process upgrade between 17.2.6 and 18.2.1 (you can
see my previous posts about stuck in upgrade to reef).

Maybe this was cause of my problem...

Now I've tried give rest to the cluster to do some "background"
tasks (and it seems, that this was correct, because on my hosts
there is around 50-100MBps read and cca 10-50MBps write traffic -
cca 1/4-1/2 of previous load).

At Saturday I will change some settings on networking and I will
try to start upgrade process, maybe with --limit=1, to be "soft"
for cluster and for our clients...

> -Sridhar

Sincerely
Jan Marek